MasterCard is one of the biggest financial companies in the world, with a name and a logo that is recognised in most countries. If you have a debit card or a credit card, there is a good chance that you will own a MasterCard, and if that is the case, then there’s an equally good chance that you will be looking for online casinos that accept this form of payment.
We will cover just that in this article, and we’ll also take a look at the pros and cons of using MasterCard credit cards and MasterCard debit cards to make deposits and withdrawals online.
Pros and Cons of Using a MasterCard Debit Card
Although many people own several credit cards and just one debit card, the latter tend to be much more common. That’s because most adults own one, whereas a large number of adults do not own credit cards. If you have a bank account, then you should have a debit card.
- Compatibility: Debit cards are accepted on all online casinos. And we have never found an exception to this rule.
- Availability: Not all of us have access to PayPal accounts, but if you’re old enough to gamble then you should have a debit card, in which case you can use it to gamble online.
- Security: Although debit cards are very secure, they do not carry the same anti-fraud measures as credit cards do and if anything happens to your card or your money, it may be harder to fight your case and to get your money back. There is also a risk stemming from the fact that your debit card is connected to your bank account, and potentially to all of the money you have.
- Speed: Debit cards can be a little slow when it comes time to withdraw, taking up to 5 days.
Pros and Cons of Using a MasterCard Credit Card
- Security: Credit cards are very secure, and the banks and issuers are always looking for ways to improve this security and to ensure that they stay ahead of the fraudsters.
- Compatibility: As MasterCard is one of the most popular issuers in the world, you should not have an issue finding a casino that accepts it. In fact, all casinos that accept credit cards and debit cards will accept MasterCards, and we have yet to find a single casino where that is not the case.
- Fees: There are some fees associated with MasterCards. These do not always apply and most of the time they are covered by the online casino, but there are instances where this may not be the case, so it’s something worth keeping an eye out for.
- Withdrawal Availability: Although most casinos allow you to deposit using a MasterCard credit card, they don’t always let you withdraw using this method. These cards work on credit though, and unless you have a large debit to pay off on the card, you probably won’t want to withdraw back to it anyway.
Australian Casinos Accepting MasterCard
Spin Palace is one of the most popular online casinos with Australian players. It is based in and regulated in Malta by the Malta Gaming Authority. The same authority also regulate BetFair and BetWay, the latter of which acquired Spin Palace a few years ago, making them part of this huge, growing brand.
Spin Palace actually existed for many years before BetWay came along and added it to their arsenal. BetWay are one of the most respected brands in this industry and Spin Palace, which had a similar reputation and still does, was a brilliant acquisition for them. This is one of the biggest, the oldest and the best casinos in the world, and thanks to its use of Microgaming, which has hundreds of slots, it’s a big hit with pokie fans.
Spin Palace Benefits
Spin Palace has a long list of banking options, including most forms of credit cards and debit cards. It also accepts a number of web wallets, bank transfers and more. What’s more, as soon as you signup to Spin Palace you will be entitled to a new member bonus that gives you up to $1,000 in free cash. You will also be able to pick-up a number of free spins, which you can use on as few or as many of their 400+ pokies as you want.
These are all reasons that Spin Palace is a respectable and popular online casino, but one of the main reasons for us has always been the Spin Palace Loyalty Club. This is one of the few online casino loyalty schemes still in existence, and it’s also one of the best we have ever seen, with a long list of perks available, regardless of how much you bet or how often you bet.