Visa is one of the biggest payment providers in the world, a name that you will find in the purses and the wallets of millions of people worldwide. Visa is not a bank in itself, but offers financial services to banks worldwide, including credit cards and debit cards.
Pros and Cons of Using a Visa Credit Card and Debit Card
Just because these payment options are common, doesn’t mean they are perfect. There are just as many pros to using Visa debit cards and credit cards as there are cons. It’s just about finding the balance and deciding what works for you.
- Security: Not only are these cards very secure, with several layers of encryption and security to keep you safe, but even in the event that your money is stolen and your details are somehow compromised, the bank are on your side. In most cases, credit card providers will give you your money back without question if you are the victim of fraud, and while this is not as common with debit cards, it should still be the case.
- Credit: Aspiring poker players and blackjack professionals often get comped for tournaments and games. Basically, other players pay for their entry fee with the knowledge that if they go on to win, they will pay them back with interest. Not all gamblers are afforded this luxury, but that’s not too different to what a Visa credit card offers you. However, if you do lose, then you could be in a spot of bother, so don’t gamble more than you can afford to lose.
- Availability: If you are old enough and have a bank account then you should have at least one debit card or credit card. This means that you have all of the tools you need to gamble online, to make a deposit and a withdrawal. These banking options are also available on the vast majority of online casinos.
- Speed: Credit cards and debit cards are not the fastest option to get your money. You may need to wait for up to 5 days before any withdrawal clears in your account. This is the sort of wait you can also expect from debit cards and bank transfer, as well as other methods, but web wallets are a lot quicker.
- Risk: With prepaid cards and web wallets, there is little to no connection to your bank account or your money. However, with debit cards you are exposing all of the money you have in your bank, and with credit cards you are also putting a sizeable amount at risk. However, as we mentioned above, even in the event that the worst does happen, you should still be covered.
Australian Casinos Accepting Visa
Spin Palace is one of the oldest casinos out there, using the Microgaming software, which is even older. The Spin Palace casino is hugely popular here in Australia, which is thanks in part to its experience, and in part to the fact that it uses Microgaming. This software has over 400 pokies, it was the first to create progressive pokies, has the biggest jackpots of any online software and also releases new pokies at a greater rate than anyone else. Spin Palace also has some impressive bonuses, not least of which is the loyalty scheme they offer, which is one of the only loyalty schemes you will find in this industry.
Spin Palace Loyalty Club
If you are a diehard gambler like us, then you’ll love the Spin Palace Loyalty Club. This is a rare find in this industry, as these schemes are more common in land-based casinos and have been neglected in the online world.
There are six levels to the Spin Palace Loyalty Club, and the more you bet, the further you will climb. All new members begin at the Blue level, but unless you’re gambling with micro stakes, then you should advance from this level fairly quickly. The next steps are Silver; Gold; Platinum; Diamond; Prive. The final step is the ultimate, and the step that all gamblers will aspire towards. It takes a lot to make it this far, but if you do then you will get everything from you own VIP manager to personalised gifts for yourself and for your family and friends.
Don’t get too excited though, as you need to be a high roller to make it this far. Still, even if you make it to the Gold level then you will be in for some huge perks, and there are benefits to be had regardless of how far you climb in this loyalty scheme.
The biggest benefit from climbing the ranks in the Spin Palace Loyalty Club is that the higher you are, the more money you will get from your loyalty points.